What is bioPryn®?
BioPRYN (Pregnancy Ruminant Yes/No) is a pregnancy detection procedure for cattle, sheep, elk, goats, bison, and deer. It measures presence of Pregnancy-Specific Protein B (PSPB) in the circulation. PSPB is a protein from the placenta. BioPRYN begins with collection of the blood sample from your cow. Then you ship the samples to Central Florida Large Animal Veterinary Services where an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) is performed. Reports are available within 27 hours of lab setup and may be downloaded directly into dairy management software. Using BioPRYN assures accuracy. When the manager or veterinarian draws blood samples from the cows at the correct time (28 days) after breeding and 90 days after calving, the pregnancy question is known within 27 hours.
7 Easy Steps
1. Make a list of all your eligible cows or heifers. 2. Download and print our BioPRYN Pregnancy form. 3. Assemble Vacutainer® tubes (red or gray and red topped), needle holders, and needles (1 inch, 18 or 20 gauge); available from Central Florida Large Animal Veterinary Services. 4. How to Tail Bleed Cattle, Sample at least 2 cc of whole blood from the cow's tail or jugular vein. NOTE: Avoid cross contamination by using new supplies for each animal. 5. Label each tube using water-insoluble ink or pencil with the animal number. Instructions 6. Package your samples and your BioPRYN Pregnancy form for delivery to Central Florida Large Animal Veterinary Services. If you so desire (optional), submit a duplicate list by email or fax to CFLAVS. 7. Download our mailing instructions and mail sample.
- Precise pregnancy testing; no test is better
- Saves time from breeding to testing
- Safe for embryo, no loss due to touching
- No concern in re-cycling, with hormones, cows that are classified open
- Save money with each test costing ONLY $2.50
Still have Questions?
Give us a call us TODAY at 407-892-2034 for more information on how we can help you with your Bovine blood pregnancy tests. Our friendly staff will gladly answer all your questions about BioPRYN pregnancy tests, Bovine pregnancy testing and more. Or if you prefer, please feel free to email or fax us.